miércoles, 21 de enero de 2015

Believe

Today in english.

My practice...bla, bla, bla.

Sharath said in our last conference it's not about "me",  about "my",  about "us".
It´s deeper,  it´s a harsh and lonely journey towards oneself.  Sometimes it feels so raw and senseless.  Sometimes i just feel like quitting.

But i know deep inside that there is nothing like this anywhere else in the world.  I´ve searched high and low,  everywhere for something pure,  something serious and above all,  something true.  I know it´s not about out there anymore but about how pure,  serious and truthful i can get with myself.

Sometimes i wonder where would i be without my teacher´s guidance.  Probably crazy.  Probably bitter and so miserable. Holding grudges.  Judging people. It´s not about anyone else,  i know now.  They act from their level of awareness and i can either choose to engage or not.  What a waste of precious time to engage.

I´ve decided to let go.

This muscle is the one i´ve been longing for all my life.  Those that lift me up in Galavasana i could perfectly go without.  But Galavasana has taught me endurance,  surrender and faith.  My teacher holding me back has taught me patience, devotion and trust.  And those qualities have become very useful lately.

When i find myself dwelling in this space of heaviness and doubt,  i´ve found that going beyond the asana takes my focus into a deeper reality.

I used to think i was in control of everything. Now i know God guides me every step of the way.  Puts in front of me those that are going to help me grow and learn if i´m sufficiently aware.  If not,  i will probably miss them.  I´m trying hard to stay open and receptive.

That is the quality of Maitri in the yoga philosophy:  staying open to the friends, to the good life,  the opportunities and the blessings.  We can also choose the opposite:  see the negative,  judge the mistakes and hold on to the pain.  And the choice is only ours.

Every minute,  every day.

Today i got a message from someone back home who insists on being a pain in the ....
Today, i decided this person is not worth my attention anymore.

I´m staying with those who add love,  awareness and lead by example.

Life is preciously short to waste it.  My friend Rolf,  who is now in heaven, must be laughing at all the drama that we create unnecessarily.  I choose to be like him today: open-hearted,  full of good ideas for many people and always a good friend.

I choose love and above all,  I choose peace of mind.

Maitri
Karuna
Mudita

The capacity to be kind and friendly to our friends,  compassionate to those who suffer and happy for the success of others.

I choose life above death.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.