martes, 11 de agosto de 2015

Drunk on Love

It´s been a wonderful five days already.

My body is super sored,  my legs and sitzcone ache like crazy, i can barely walk from the biking...yet, i feel so fullfilled and peaceful inside.

Biking in Copenhagen has been my most intense experience so far,  besides the Led practices with my teacher.  Danish are very confident in their bikes and i am a slow learner.   I still get confused in the lights,  miss the exits and stop in forbidden places.  Yet the breeze in my face every morning speaks to me about freedom and creation,  intensity and calmness happening simultaneouly.

As i pass by the swans in the lake every morning,  i remember that story about the ugly duckling who always thought himself clumsy and out of place.  His family was not helping by rejecting him.  Until he finally realized as he watched himself in the waters that he had never been a duck,  but always a lovely swan growing in the wrong family.

Some of us are late bloomers and wander through life a little lost until we realize who we really are. Then life becomes a series of coincidences,  serendipities and beautiful meetings.  Everything comes to you.  It feels like cruising and each day brings a new opportunity to appreciate a new corner into your own self.

This days in Denmark have made me realize i´m drunk on Love.  Yes,  those are the exact words to describe the feeling.  My yoga practice felt very hard for many years.  I had to break through a lot of conditioning in my mind,  stiffness in my heart and concepts about how my life should be.  Practice itself took care of everything and my slate is clean now.  Whatever is coming will come to a new Mariela,  a born-again human being whose past life i can barely remember.

Those hours biking through the city have renewed my heart and soul.  Those intense practices with my friends and teacher have deepened the commitment in my heart to hold the vows of someone who is here only to help.  There used to be a time when i thought i was practicing just for myself,  my family,  my mental issues.  Now i have a feeling we are all practicing together for something greater than our own little selves.  We are practicing for love,  we are practicing for those who feel too weak, tired or depressed to do it themselves.

We are all the same energy and we are all together in this sinking ship.  Our sadhana should be a collective effort to raise our awareness and become closer to each other.  I´ve had a feeling of close family with my friends here,  even with my teacher.  We share something very sacred and it´s not only in us ashtangis:  is in everyone in the world.  We are doing and sharing our passion and maybe that´s all  we need to do.  Every human being.  Because if we do what we love -and we are all meant to do that in this lifetime-,  then naturally we can guide others to do the same.

In the meantime,  we need to keep drinking and sipping all this Love.

It´s available everywhere at any moment.  It´s not something we get,  it´s something we are.  It´s deep down in our bodies,  guts and hearts and permeates the whole world and the universe.

Being drunk on love....that is the true way to live.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.