lunes, 27 de julio de 2015

Hamsa

I spent four amazing days in the beach.

I went to the beach because i felt a calling,  a pull,  a knowing that something beyond my mind was about to happen.  I met amazing yogis,  pure nature and the blessing of knowing my mestiere is a magnet for those souls who are ready.

I met Joav,  an incredible yogi from Israel who has been living here in Costa Rica for many years.   He wakes up early in the mornings,  does his practice,  holds a family.  His practice shows in his smile,  his ability to let go of past patterns and grievances,  his big heart.  The call came,   i answered. His example of tenacity and kindness will stay with me for times to come.

Met Emilia also,  a sweet argentinian whose practice is surf and being one of the most compassionate human beings i´ve ever met.

I also met a beautiful costarican woman,   full of love and compassion that i felt right when i met her in her shop the previous day to my workshop.  I picked up a pair of earrings:  they were pink and lately i´m into soft colors.  When i was a lawyer black was me.  Everything has changed since then.  I saw them and instantly picked them up along with a gorgeous mala with the colors of the rainbow.

I have been feeling very protected lately.  I´m aware that doing my work awakens positive and negative energies around me. Guruji and Sharath deal with the same,  i think we all do in our daily lives.  We become antennas of energy and sometimes noise gets in the way.  Some people are happy for the growth of Light,  Love and in my particular case,  Ashtanga in the world.  Others have a different view.

Anyways,  i was in Israel nineteen years ago,  pregnant with my third child,  Ariel.  I brought from that trip a Hamsa,  an amulet shaped like a hand with three extended fingers in the middle and a curved thumb.  Those were hard times in my life.  This is a symbol of judaism and its name comes from "hamesh",  which means five. Some think it represents the five books of Torah which stop darkness.   It has three little fish which symbolize inmunity to evil and the word "mazel" (luck) is often written in it, like in mine.

Besides the one i have in my front door,  lately i´ve been seeing it everywhere:  jewelry,  t-shirts,  in my computer...

Well,  i bought the earrings at Lula´s and since it was  night i just saw their color.   Next morning i put them on and right there i could see that each one of them had a tiny hamsa.   I felt instantly safe, protected, on the right track.  Felt i needed to be there,  in the north beach of my country,  in my present life circumstances,  surrounded by kind souls and  with dear friends that my soul has chosen many many years and lifetimes ago.

The meeting in Guanacaste felt natural,  deep and full of grace.  The unfolding of the weekend called for a lot of presence and focus from three of us who played "staff":  things started moving fast and when there is a calling you need to move.  The obstacles were rapidly surpassed and we wrapped the energy on saturday sunset with a warm-hearted group of people,  angelic music and the sound of children´s voices playing as the sun went down.

The Hamsa is meant not only for protection but also for good luck.  I believe success is a mixture of effort and opportunity.  I do think good things come to those who follow the calling and work for it. Lately my life has become this day to day miracle of simple things.  Maybe is my awareness, maybe is good luck.  I don´t know.  I just know my life is so blessed right now and that Grace keeps expanding everyday.

Blessings,  power and strength come to those who do their practice, my teacher used to say.  My dear teacher who would be 100 years this week.

Life unfolds in mysterious ways when you feel connected to something greater than yourself.

Hamsa,  hamsa,  hamsa...

Five blessings in my life right now:   Teachers,  Yoga,  Family,  Community and so much Love.
May they keep expanding and unfolding more and more each day in good company.

And always with the right intention in my heart.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.