lunes, 23 de junio de 2014

Like a swan

I finish my trip in sweet Germany.  It´s raining and my friends receive me with a warm heart and open smile.  He packs a one-kilo german bread in my suitcase and i feel like i am taking a peace of them with me.

It feels like i have been away for years.  So much love i have received,  so many bright eyes and glowing eyes have i seen these days.  I cannot thank God enough for letting me do what i love and for having the opportunity to meet and share with such wonderful beings.

It´s time to go home.  My kittens are calling my heart.  It is no easy task to follow your dharma,  especially when you have a family.  The balance of going home and just being a Mom feels right now. My students in Costa Rica have also been deeply missed.

Yet,  isn´t it wonderful when we take the time to go away- in a trip or simply by going in,  and then come back with fresh eyes and take everything as if we were looking at everything for the first time?  Everyday life sometimes wears us out and been away makes us appreciate little and big things more.

As i recapitulate on these past days i cannot take her from my mind.   It was her fifth or sixth yoga class and she came following her soul´s call to make a change.  A coincidence put her in my way.  It was not easy for her to land with a group of yogis who had been practicing for years.  There was also a language barrier.  But despite all this, she came and gave her best.

Her eyes were sad when i first met her.  She felt a little lost in space.  She would look at me as if i was an alien- which i am,  by the way.  Nevertheless,  she was strong,  even though she had not realised it yet.  It took four days of practice, change of diet and sharing for her mask to melt to pieces.  On the fourth day she couldn´t take it anymore.

She ran away.  My friend Jaime found her wandering in the city.  It was such a coincidence and he took the time to have a coffee with her and bring her back.  So good she came back.  After all the resistance,  fear and anxiety,  something shifted in her.  The last day we filled her heart with blessings and good wishes and suddenly,  her tears surfaced.  Her heart was open.  Her life would never be the same.

The glow in her eyes on the last day i will never forget.  I go back to my country,  she goes back to her job, her family,  her children.  But something has changed in both of us:  we have both been touched by Grace.  Every time i teach there is a possibility it won´t happen...but this trip it did all the way.  Beyond any of my efforts:  it happened because it had to.

As i packed i just anticipate how blissful life will be from now on.   Grace can only get better,  like good wine. Every little step i have taken has taken me to this moment.  My friends i take with me deep in my heart.  The yoga is doing its work:  when i see them i feel God flowing through them.  And like the ugly duckling that i thought i once was,  i dream of the beauty of a swan reflected in the eyes of my friends and students.


A joyful swan swimming peacefully in this beautiful lake.
And life feels really good.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.