lunes, 16 de junio de 2014

Duty of Love

I walk through the trails with only the birds chirping around me.  The air is sweet with oranges,  grass and mountain in this beautiful island.    My mind feels like the open sky: calm and steady.

A couple months ago  i felt i was dying inside.  Life can twist us into the most unrecognisable experiences and challenge our capacity to surrender.  I definitely had a very hard time.  And now,  i´m here,  surrounded by this silence.  Laughing with my friends,  meeting wonderful people.  Each day feels like a gift and don´t  even know where to start  counting my blessings.

This morning woke up so early:   the moon was still shining bright.  Walked to the shala to find my friend waiting for me.  We sipped our warm water with fresh lemons grown here in the property.  Did our practice as the sun came out.  Felt very happy and connected all day long.  Missing my family already,  missing my dear children back in Costa Rica and yet with this knowing that i am where i need to be now,  surrounded by the souls who will bring the next answers to my life.

Life can be bittersweet and beautiful all at the same time.  My heart has healed now and new possibilities are coming to greet me.  My previous life feels so far away.  I know this rapid healing is not random:  the medicine is working after all of these years of practice.  We never know when the train is going to hit and we better be prepared.  It´s like life insurance.  

Heart insurance.  

Today in class we spoke about the difference between the urgent and the important.  The whole group agreed life is too short to hold grudges,  live in fear or suffer unnecessarily.  Yoga can heal us and also take away whatever is holding us back.  It´s not easy to let go- and we all hold on fiercely when we are scared.  But there is a way out- many others i´m sure.  But this one is the one i know and the one that is working for me.  I am so grateful.

The ocean was cold and windy today despite the beautiful sunshine.  Jumping in the water was no easy task,  but we did it because  the smell of fresh paella was driving us crazy.  We were all so hungry! I kept offering our change to a vegan diet for a higher purpose.   Putting ourselves in a slightly uncomfortable space so we can realise how blessed we all are.

As i get ready for bed i thank God for allowing me to write this.  There were dark times in my past where i thought nothing really mattered.  It all matters,  even the darkness matters.

And it is by looking at ourselves with sincerity and compassion that Love slowly heals us.  As my teacher says,  this is a duty of love.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.