domingo, 8 de junio de 2014

Expect the unexpected

Germany is breaking many of my concepts.

Used to think Germans were very uptight people,  rigid and boring.  OMG:  very very wrong.   These three days in this land have shown me a very different reality.

I´ve come to know what it means to be receptive.  The eyes of my students are full of wonder,  of deep realizations and gratitude.  I just see into them and know i am in the right place at the right time.  Even the weather decided to be kind to me and we´ve had three days of incredible sunshine and blue skies.  I feel like i am being pampered in this beautiful Bavarian land by the refreshing waters of blue lakes,  picnis in the forest and the laughter of amazing people.

It has taken me many years to understand that what i teach is only a key to a door,  not the door itself.  I used to think the practice was the end,  but it´s only the means to know ourselves deeper and with more honesty.  I feel each day that goes by i let go of more stuff in my mind,  old ideas of how the world seems to be.  That is for me the true opening of a human being:  to embrace anything that comes our way as if we had chosen it.

My heart brought me here and will keep guiding my path.  Now  i only gravitate towards what really attracts me.  I don´t have to say yes when i mean no.  I can look into someone´s eyes with no hidden agenda,  just grateful to be in their presence.  Life is surprising me everyday and i learn more and more this life is precious and unexpected.

Today the day was very hot.  We decided to go swim in a nearby lake.  I put on my swimsuit and when we arrived,  the spot was packed.  Huge party going on.  We sat on the grass and could have complained about the noise.  But instead,  we decided to join the party.  We decided to accept what Life was putting in our lap.

How many times i complained because i was not getting exactly what i wanted how i wanted?  how many time my expectations hurt others who were doing the best they could to please me out of love?  

That was a long time ago,  it seems.  Life keeps unfolding in unexpected ways and telling me i should relax more,  laugh more,  dance more.   I should know every moment is a treasure and just move through it with grace and awareness.

It will never come back.  It´s unique and precious.

So we danced,  we laughed,  we enjoyed a different sunset.  There were a few older men around complaining about the noise.  My friends translated for me:  "This is not the Germany it used to be...i miss my Fuhrer...or something like that.  They missed the fun,  they were stuck in an old idea and forgot to enjoy the present moment.  Maybe no one every told them about this.  But as i try to calm myself after all the dancing,  unable to sleep,  i listen to my friends dancing in the next room,  excited like little kids about tomorrow.

And i can tell you:  this makes me so very happy.  Miss my family, miss my country,  wish i could be everywhere at the same time.  And i guess my spirit is when i wish this openness to all human beings,  this ability to embrace whatever life brings.  Then any moment is unforgettable.

Then you can thrive every minute and forget you ever suffered.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.