miércoles, 11 de marzo de 2015

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

There used to be a time when i had opinions on everything and everyone.  I used think i knew what was best for someone else:  partner,  practice,  job.  My life revolved around my judgments about everyone and everything and the truth is  i was busy outside trying to deny what was going on inside of me.

My regular yoga practice has taken me through peaks and valleys.  When the valley comes a fog descends in my brain and heart and somehow i feel superior,  more spiritual, more evolved.  I´ve learned to know that is pure ignorance.  When i feel a peak- like right now-,  my mind is calm but still i know this is not permanent.  The valley will follow.  And the peak.  Endlessly because i live in this plane of duality.

We are all gifted with certain talents.  Is not up to us to judge someone else´s gift or dharma.  We come to this earth to enjoy these bodies,  learn to survive and maybe,  find our bliss.  But the truth is life is mysterious and we are free to choose every step of the way how we want to manifest our energy,  our unique,  precious and individual energy.  The more i practice,  the less i want to be on top of others.  The less i feel i know.  I have barely started to understand the depth and incredible beauty of just being alive,  a second to second miracle that should not be taken for granted.

So i appreciate any craft that celebrates Life.  May it be painting, photography,  cooking,  any art brings to the world the energy of their creator and that is a one time manifestation. Who are we to think we know what "should" be done in this or that case?  The teachers are the lighthouse in this world of confusion and samsara and number one teaching is Shanti. If my words hurt someone,  if my truth means separation and criticism,  is that yoga?  I have fought a lot with this one in the last few years.  My lawyer´s mind always looking for the opportunity to find "justice".  But i´ve realized my mission is to do what i do the best i can,  even though this may not suit someone else´s point of view. If i believe God will be happy,  i do it.  And i follow through with perseverance and trust.

So i congratulate those of you that know when to stay quiet and when to speak as i´m learning.  I really feel the yoga world today is a big example of samsara hala hala and yet, in the midst of all the confusion and marketing,  there are true artists,  teachers and students out there who are longing with sincerity for a new vision.  To make a contribution from the bottom of their hearts.  What is definitely true is that we are all longing for more kindness.  I really don´t care what you think if you are kind to me.  We can have totally different visions and still be friends.  We don´t have to impose our views to anyone because they are only that:  our views.  Maybe better to keep them quiet and maybe share them in an intimate space with friends.  But universal truth is a rare item in this world of duality. We all have bits and pieces of the mystery and we don´t own the right to prescribe anyone else what to do and how to do it.

Tradition is a touchy subject.  If tradition hardens your heart,  is that yoga?   If tradition makes you bitter,  are you doing your practice?  If traditions makes us feel entitled,  superior,  spiritual or whatever,  is it really worth it?  Yoga is evolving as we are.  We live in an era of connection and that cannot be stopped. Why not celebrate everything,  like Guruji used to say:  it´s all God anyway.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

So let´s try our best to be in harmony supporting each other´s path. I have learned this from a wonderful friend and certified teacher in  Mysore.  I was bitter from fighting a teacher that taught away from tradition.  My life was hellish.  I felt i was right and defended my position with my teeth and claws.  What he was doing was awful,  unfair and disrespectful.  I was obssesed with finding support for my position.  My friend smiled at me with so much love and compassion and just told me to chill out.  It´s been three years since that conversation and it really made a difference.  The non traditional teacher is still teaching but now i have peace of mind.  I don´t need to be anyone´s judge.

I would rather be everyone´s friend.

So i choose to support my brothers and sisters around the world.  Because we all have something to share,  even if it´s not perfect.  But it´s the embodiment of our energy,  our prana, our divine breath.  And that beauty is everywhere if we know where to find it inside.

I am sure  this one all the great masters would agree upon.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.