viernes, 6 de diciembre de 2019

Babu Love

Today is my husband's birthday.  We are in single digits and the tough winter has started yet my heart feels warm and happy.

Meeting our significant one brings a lot of compassion to our lives.  Compassion first of all for ourselves and our attempts to find love in the wrong places.  Compassion to each other as we walk the path of life hand to hand.

We had a very intense 2019 and he was my best friend and support throughout it.  It started one year ago,  me with a broken heart after I exiled myself from my country.  What is legal is not always fair and I understood clearly I could not live anymore in a place where legality bypasses the sacred bond of love.

Coming to India with my soul broken-  something I never experienced before,  was tough and his loving arms and advice sustained me.  A broken heart I've had many times and i've recovered.  But a broken soul can only be mended by the power of spirit and the presence of my teacher.  Abhishek took me to my Guru when I had nothing in me- we went to Mysore last year so I could touch my masters' feet and see my ayurvedic doctor,  so broken and displaced I felt.  

Then the new year took us to Mumbai where I started teaching again.  This brought intense and immense joy to my heart.  The blessing of sharing what has healed me and put me in my feet again and we were taken care of in such good way by close friends.  

Three months in Europe was the next adventure.  We traveled to beautiful shalas,  lovely communities,  we met yogis from all nationalities.  He was with me traveling with his work,  knowing sometimes we were not in the best conditions to connect,  yet he kept going-  his presence my rock when I was feeling torn and sad again.

The year ended in Mysore, where we celebrated Diwali,  our first together as a couple.  That party was one of the best in  my whole life and even though the season was hard on my body to the max,  I could feel how taken care of I was everyday by him,  by my friends and by the sweet atmosphere surrounding my Guru.

Some think we are the spotlight when they see we are teachers,  when we do crazy things with our bodies or speak wisely.  I say we are not.  Those who sustain us and take care of us are the real deal.  I see many "amazing"  teachers out there and I think of their wives taking care of the children as they pose for the next photography in exotic lands or write their bla bla bla...i know for sure who is the real yogi there.  

I don't even care to read what they write. 

It's the same in my case.  Anything I can offer its because there is a presence who keeps me warm in winters, takes me to drink hot milk at night,  invites me to pursue my dreams or plans the next adventure together.  He knows what type of pain my heart carries from the absence of my children and he knows when I feel down and when to embrace me.  The power of connection and love is the power of yoga and he can almost read my mind.  

I honor and admire so much these wise women and men holding our backs who give so much in the secret of anonymity.

Today I bless this wise man beyond his years:  I honor his truthfulness and integrity.  I have known so many who say one thing and do another.  He makes me want to be a better human being.  He is always ruthless about compromising the truth for a lower compensation.  He is my adviser,  my teacher and my companion and now I understand why it took me so long to find him.  

I needed to experience the contrast in my past, to know face to face the manipulation and the lying;  to experience the greed and infamy to be able to fully appreciate truth and good heart in a human being.

I'm proud to be his wife even though I had already discarded from my life the institution of marriage.  He has made me trust again that two human beings can grow together,  support each other through the ups and downs and help each other evolve.  

He never wants the spotlight and he is off all social media.  There is nothing he wants for himself and in this unconditional giving he is showing me everyday what yoga really is.

I have so much to learn from you,  dear Abhi.

To all the hidden teachers,  to all the powerful masters,  i'm humbled in front of you.  I have a dear friend whose daily chore is to take care of two toddlers while her husband travels the world preaching "yoga".  I tell you, he is nothing in front of her.  He has the postures so what?  She is not even able to open her mat since her kids are all over her and she is mostly alone with them.  

He is "famous"  but who is the real yogi?  I have known her for many years and have seen her evolve into this deep soul whose writings are the best i've ever read.  Yet her life seems to be only the carrying of the water and the chopping of the wood.

She is a hidden jewel,  just like my Babu.  The real teachers,  the humble presences who capture the constant unending service the practice of yoga is about.

Babu is something adorable,  something we cherish beyond anything in this world.  



Happy birthday my Babu and please keep showing me what real yoga is.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.